Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

We are thrilled that the Ronald McDonald House collection in Ramsey's honor was such a success! Our goal was 61 bags. We have enough for 70+ well-stocked bags. I can't say thank you enough to each of you that have helped to make this a success! We couldn't have done it without the help of friends, family, churches and businesses who supported the project. In addition to the products that were donated, we received enough in monetary donations to purchase custom tote bags! We also have enough money left to purchase a few items that we still need, and possibly some extra to go towards preparing a meal for the families at RMH on the day we deliver the bags. We hope to prepare the bags in April and deliver them in late April or early May. We're so excited to support over 70 families in Ramsey's honor!
My basement is packed with donations!


Ramsey displays some of the goodies!


Now, about the bags...you may remember the logo I created to raise CDH awareness and prayers for Ramsey. We used it on Facebook and even ordered cute buttons that our family, friends, and eventually the staff at Children's Hospital wore in honor of Ramsey.

We were (and still are) amazed at the immense support we received. As I planned this project, one thing I wanted was a way to allow other families to praise and honor their loved ones...to share their story, to request prayer, to seek consolation from other's who have walked in their shoes. That's when the idea for the tote bag graphics came along.  I modified the "Rooting for Ramsey" logo so it just says, "Rooting for _______". Each tote will include a marker so the family can fill in the blank with their child's name. I had tags made to attach to each bag that briefly explain why we wanted to honor Ramsey. They invite each recipient to visit our new Facebook page, Rooting for a Reason, to share their story. I hope the page might grow so each family can benefit from the support and prayers of others just like we did!


6 comments:

  1. lisa hitchman swisherMarch 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

    i love it!! what a wonderful idea and i think the families are really going to appreciate it! you did such a wonderful job! god bless u, all ur friends and family and, of course, ramsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I love seeing so many CDH families called to give back.. We are blessed to be a blessing.

    Love,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I also love what you are doing with the LadyBug Run! I wish you weren't so far or I would participate! I have family in Oregon so I'll have to let them know about it.

      Delete
  3. Lisa, you are remarkable. What a lovely thing for you to do in honour of your amazing Ramsey. Paying it forward. I love it. You inspire me.
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! What a wonderful gift for those families, and such an awesome way to honor Ramsey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paying it forward, you are awesome, what a wonderful way to help others. We are so blessed to have Ramsey, and in his honor I commend you.
    Gram Razza

    ReplyDelete