Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God's Will

When we were searching for a name for Ramsey, my sister suggested Will. Although we didn't choose it, I like that name and it's significance. William was my grandfather's name and God's will, we knew, would determine the baby's fate. We knew that we could pray all we wanted, and find the best surgeons in the world, but God's plan would ultimately decide his future. Thankfully, our prayers were not in vain. God chose life for Ramsey and for that I will be forever grateful.

Sometimes, however, God's will doesn't have the outcome we would prefer. I've seen that too many times this week as families have lost dear loved ones. Please pray for the following families:
  • The Bissing family lost their baby boy, Owen- one of triplets. They were gracious enough to have his organs donated. Little Owen will live on in 3 others. View their heartfelt blog.
  • A 4 year old CDH Survivor, Kellan, died due to a pool accident. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. 
  • My nephew's best friend who lost his mom over the weekend. He is only 11 and has a younger sister too. Please pray for these children!
I pray that they might come to understand God's plan for them. May they find comfort in family, friends and faith.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,I'm praying for all that you mentioned, and so many more. It seems like thats is all we hear. I just am so happy that we all know God, and just know how he will do the best for all of us. .........can you imagine what life would be like if we weren't believers. PRAISE GOD!!!!!! Kiss the boys for me.

    ReplyDelete