Tuesday, January 4, 2011

37 Weeks!

This morning at 5 a.m., I took my last Procardia. I normally take it every 4 hours. Beyond that, who knows what will happen! I am expecting to go into labor soon, but you never know, maybe I will make it to January 12! Thank goodness there aren't any major snowstorms predicted in the near future. I subscribed to our EMS service yesterday, more for Ramsey's sake than mine. I want them to be aware of his condition in case we would need their service in the future. However, it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case I need them to make it to West Penn! I'm glad that they now have our info on record. The frustrating thing is that they may not even know what CDH is. I read so many blogs, forum postings, etc. that stress this point. CDH babies/children face certain complications well after discharge from the hospital that many health care providers aren't even aware of. I guess it will be up to us to be as well-informed as possible so we'll know what to look out for. Also, we are fortunate to live so close to a Children's Hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Lisa, sometimes you have to take things into your own hands to make people aware and become self informed on your own. That is why I became an bc advocate.

    Who knows, down the years you may be helping someone else who may go through what you are going through now.

    Take care and many prayers for your throughout the coming days.

    ReplyDelete