Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday's Plan

Today's plan is much like yesterday's. They hope to wean him of the dopamine and something else...cna't think of what it is now. If possible they will switch him to a different ventillator. If they are able to do so, then when they do surgery they can transport him to a surgical room. If they can't change the vent, that's OK too; they will just do the surgery right where he is.

We had a late start this morning, but we were so encouraged by our visit with Ramsey. He is still on the same ammount of sedative, but today when I talked to him and gently held his hand, he moved it, his feet and tried to open his eyes!!!! We were a little nervous all that movement would upset him, but he stayed stable. Maybe he really is comforted by my voice. I told him about all of his visitors, about all the people praying for him and that if he fights this, we can hold and cuddle him real soon. I asked him to make it through the steps they want in the next few days to prepare for his surgery. Let's hope he listens to his mother!

Reed is on his way to meet him now. We will make his time in the NICU short, however he may spend the night here with us in our room at RMH! I am so excited!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, we are excited for you...to have your family all together....it must seem like an eternity. One day at a time, one moment....you know the routine. Just know that we love you and continue to hold you and your little soldier up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your posts each day. We are all praying. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great to here things are going ok.. I'm praying and rooting for Ramsey and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love knowing things went well today!! Been following the blog & checking twice A day!!! ;) As always,thoughts & prayers out to you & your family!!!! Love that Reed gets to meet his baby brother & you can share an evening together!!! Stay positive & strong like we all know you are!!!
    ~Jennifer Prince-Kadylak~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the joy of just having your boys in the same place even briefly in your writing. We will be praying for Ramsey and all of you in worship tomorrow and for everyone of those men and women who make up Ramsey's medical team. Many prayers! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update! I have been thinking about Ramsey all day. Wishing you and your amazing family a good night! ~Danielle from the Moms Group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa...I too look forward to your updates. Our family is praying hard for little Ramsey!! I have got our church praying for you all!!!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. No doubt he is comforted by your voice. My now 28-year-old son was in NICU ater his birth; as I walked in the first time he was screaming; I called to him as I walked across the room, and he instantly stopped crying! Ramsey knows your voice and knows it means comfort. Keep talking! :-)

    ReplyDelete