Today's plan is much like yesterday's. They hope to wean him of the dopamine and something else...cna't think of what it is now. If possible they will switch him to a different ventillator. If they are able to do so, then when they do surgery they can transport him to a surgical room. If they can't change the vent, that's OK too; they will just do the surgery right where he is.
We had a late start this morning, but we were so encouraged by our visit with Ramsey. He is still on the same ammount of sedative, but today when I talked to him and gently held his hand, he moved it, his feet and tried to open his eyes!!!! We were a little nervous all that movement would upset him, but he stayed stable. Maybe he really is comforted by my voice. I told him about all of his visitors, about all the people praying for him and that if he fights this, we can hold and cuddle him real soon. I asked him to make it through the steps they want in the next few days to prepare for his surgery. Let's hope he listens to his mother!
Reed is on his way to meet him now. We will make his time in the NICU short, however he may spend the night here with us in our room at RMH! I am so excited!!