Friday, January 14, 2011

Today's Update

Ramsey had a busy day yesterday. He had an IV surgically inserted and they made many adjustments on his level of support, trying to find a happy medium. He had some difficult moments, when he "crashed" due to those adjustments, but he pulled through! Such occurences are common in this type of situation, and although I'm sure it's upsetting, Dennis said you get used to it and you learn not to panic each time it happens. Considering everything he went through, the nurse said he did very well and he had a great night.

They are working on some issues with his veins and blood pressure, which I need to have explained to me better.  They scheduled surgery for Tuesday but will do it sooner if possible!

I just met with the Doctor and he said to shower and then I'm out! :) Can't wait to see Ramsey and hope to see Reed soon too. I miss them both. Please keep praying for Ramsey, and pray for Reed that he can understand why we're not at home with him right now. I think we will bring him tomorrow to meet his big brother...something he is so excited for!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I'm keeping little Ramsey and your family in my thoughts and prayers! The first few days are a roller coaster ride as I'm sure you have been told and tried to prepare for. We tried to prepare too, but nothing compares to the real ride. Just take it one moment at a time and as you've been doing stay positive.

    The biggest thing we learned during Jaxson's stay in the NICU was to ask as many questions as we could and not be afraid of the answers. We were able to 'I think' make great decisions for Jaxson with this way of thinking.

    He's a beautiful, strong boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Ramsey had a good night. So thankful you are being released to go be with him.
    Love and Prayers,
    Bobbi Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The church of Christ in Ligonier is praying for you and little Ramsey that God will be watching over him and caring for him as well as giving you the strength you need. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa & Dennis: Ramsey is just beautiful! Please know you guys are in AJ and my prayers every night. Love Lisa & AJ ( Mom's Group)

    ReplyDelete